For every great property manager, there’s a handful of just… good ones. In a world where catchy advertising often beats out competent performance, it can be difficult to know where to turn. So, how do you identify the real deal from the fakes? How can you make the best, most informed decision for your investment? Let me count the ways:
- Good property managers focus on keeping the landlords happy. Great property managers strive to keep both the ownership and the tenants happy, connecting them through consistent communication.
- Good property managers work to compare vendors and find the lowest possible prices for operating expenses. Great property managers add value, like noticing and correcting safety issues in a parking lot, or suggesting the usage of LED lights instead of fluorescent.
- Good property managers react quickly to on-site headaches by hiring a third party vendor to fix the problem. Great property managers are local and are invested enough in your property to personally visit and monitor repairs in times of crisis.
- Good property managers answer their phones and respond to emergencies during business hours. Great property managers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – no exceptions.
- Good property managers have compiled different tricks of the trade that they apply to every property. Great property managers listen to the specific wants and needs of every owner and offer a customized approach to property management.
When it comes to your real estate investments, don’t roll the dice – make an informed decision that ensures your property is cared for and managed in the best way possible. Don’t settle for good when you deserve great!